Friday, March 19, 2010

What Web 2.0 REALLY Means...

Just thought I'd make a quick post as I'm quite busy right now, but I thought I'd quickly comment on what being connected an integrated really means to me.

Today at school our group all transferred files and shared some YouTube videos we made for a school project on our laptops in class. I took us 20 minutes and we all had all the info we needed to finish up our project.

I had to go to Saskatoon for some family business today, so right now I'm writing this, using Dropbox to get files off of my home PC to work on school work while away from home and I was able to access my school group's wiki to edit everyone's content. I downloaded a programing assignment off of an instructor's site and got the notes off of URCourse (University website) because I wasn't able to print them off at home. Tomorrow I'm going to map out all the bike shops I want to go to on Google Maps as I don't know directions to well and I'm a frustrated driver, so it will save me lots of time.

Sure there's Facebook, Myspace and all those Web 2.0 things, but at the end of the day what saves me time is what matters most to me, and I can't help but feel a bit spoiled by technology. If people want to see me drunk in a social setting, they can give me a call, but I'm in no rush to put it online. If I can find where to buy handlebars though...

No comments:

Post a Comment